Pages - Menu

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Where to find a vast plantation of Dragon Fruits?

Ever since my Dad planted a Dragon Fruit in our backyard, I never knew how delicious it was. The first time I saw it, it felt so weird because of the fire like shape of the fruit. I can compare it's taste to a strawberry but more sweeter. It also has small little seeds that contains fatty acid. I did some research regarding the health benefits of dragon fruit. I was surprised when I read them because there were a lot. Allow me to share to you what I got from www.medicalhealthguide.com
at REFMAD

Dragon Fruits Plantation

Dragon Fruit Health Benefits

  • Dragon fruit boosts immune system. Dragon fruit is rich in vitamin C and fibers that help provide an overall healthy body.
  • Dragon fruit helps in digestion. Because of the richness in fibers, Dragon fruit aids in the digestion of food, Studies also suggest that Dragon fruit promotes the growth of probiotics.
  • Dragon fruit help to lower blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes. Studies also suggest that the the glucose found in Dragon fruit aids in controlling the blood sugar level for diabetes patients.
  • Dragon fruit prevent formation of cancer causing free radicals. Dragon fruit is rich in minerals and fibers that aids in digestion, cleans toxic ingredients thus preventing the occurrence of colon cancer.
  • Dragon fruit as anti-oxidant. The presence of high level of vitamin C, minerals and pytoalbumin is regarded as relevant in fighting free radicals and possess anti-oxidant properties.
  • Dragon fruit helps to control cholesterol level. Dragon fruit is also rich in flavonoids that are known to have favorable effects against cardio related disease.

Folkloric Health Benefits From Dragon Fruit.

  • Dragon fruit promotes healing of wounds and cuts.
  • Dragon fruit improves appetite.
  • Dragon fruit improves eye sight
  • Dragon fruit can aid in weight reduction
  • Dragon fruit improves memory.




When I traveled Ilocos Region, I made sure that I will drop by in one of the biggest plantation of Dragon Fruits. In Burgos, Ilocos Norte, Refmad Farms is highly recommended. It is owned by Edita Aguinaldo-Dacuycuy a graduate of Psychology at University of the Philippines Diliman. When I entered the farm I never expected that they also have swimming pool and cottages. A serene place to stay with family and friends. But I was astounded when I saw hundreds of dragon fruits lining up. Some of the plants were use in the researches of the students in Ilocos. They are also engage in helping livelihood to others by educating them how to grow dragon fruits. 


They produce different products of dragon fruits and a must try such as ice cream, cookies, wines, jam and vinegar. You can also take home a dragon fruit cuttings if you wanted to have them in your backyard. 
dragon fruit wine


dragon fruit vinegar

dragon fruit jam


delicacies made from dragon fruit

The dragon fruit maybe new to you but once you try it, you'll probably love it! 

2 comments:

  1. The best part is the colour! It makes drinks made with it so good! I drank far too many dragon fruit cocktails in Malaysia. Hmmmm... If you like, we'd love you to come and join our #SundayTraveler linky, which is now open http://www.chasingthedonkey.com/photography-holidays-in-dubrovnik/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for appreciating my blog. Just visited the website and i will surely put Dubrovnik on my bucket list! =)

      Delete